Monday, December 15, 2008

Musings On The Magus...by Katie & Susie

Katie:
"I reckon Nick and Alison get together and live happily ever after.

I hate that the last line is in latin. I disliked Alison. Maybe I just wanted a rational explanation for what Nick was put through on the island. Was the whole book about Nick learning to love? I didn't even really think Nick's way of being before his experience in Greece were that bad. Just what most 25 year olds are like and probably what most people would be like for the rest of their lives if they were never rejected in love. I dunno, didn't work for me.

I thought the girls on the island were far more interesting than Alison, who I found really annoying. You?"

Susie:
"I liked the book and found it a page turner other than a boring part when he is first on the island and the ending which was so drawn out and ultimately dissatisfying.

Agree that Nick's behaviour was not that bad and hardly warranted the character assasination by the god gamers.

Apparently last line means "Let those love now who've never loved; let those who've loved, love yet again." so yeah I guess that they got together. He never loved her though, just had good sex that one time in parnassus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.